With limitations in budget and staffing, we rely heavily on help from our volunteers.
To ensure an impacting volunteer experience, CCYA offers the following volunteer opportunities:
GA Gives Day Captains –
Use your social media skills to draw attention to CCYA on the state-wide day of giving! for more information contact Stephen Holland at 770-485-1639 or at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Chair a Club
We are always looking for special talents. We embrace a club atmosphere were the residents can sign up for different activities.
- Step team teacher
- Drum teacher
- Art Club
- Spoken word club
- Bible Study
- Dance instructor
Help with a Special Event or Holiday
- Bring in and serve a meal
- Organize a cook out
- Coordinate a fun activity (kickball game, game night, etc.)
- Volunteer on a scheduled CCYA Service Day
- Volunteer at a CCYA fundraising event
- Sponsor a fundraising event to benefit CCYA
- Sponsor a Holiday Party
- Decorate youth homes for the holidays
- Make Easter baskets
- Make Valentine’s Day favors
- Make Halloween treat bags
- Make Christmas or holiday cookies/brownies
- Sponsor youth gifts for Christmas
- Volunteer at Santa’s Workshop and wrap gifts for Christmas morning
- Midnight Santas (bring in a treat one night during school holidays after 9 p.m.)
- Invite CCYA Choir to go caroling in your neighborhood
- Stuff Christmas stockings
Pick & Host a Donation Drive
Before hosting a donation drive, please contact Kimberly Tinsley [Director of Volunteer Services, Youth Activities & Social Media ], at 770-333-9447 ext. 103 or ktinsley@ccyakids to discuss items you would like to collect.
- Gift Cards (clothing, shoes, allowance): Target, Kohl’s, Walmart, Old Navy
- Food Pantry: cereal, juice, individually wrapped snacks, bottled water, sugar, flour, canned goods, pasta, rice, potatoes, onions, etc.
- Paper Goods & Plastics: paper towels, napkins, plates, cups, utensils, foil, garbage bags, etc.
- Toiletries: shampoo and conditioner (Pantene, Herbal Essence), body wash/soap (Dove, Suave), toothpaste (whitening), toothbrushes, razors, shaving cream, etc.
- Hair Care: combs, brushes, flat irons, blow dryers, hair scarves (satin), ponytail holders, shower caps, etc.
- Linen & Things: twin comforters and sheets (bright colors), pillows, towels, washcloths, plastic shower curtains, bathmats
- Cleaning Supplies: Windex, 409, dish soap, dishwasher soap, detergent, Soft Scrub, Tilex, toilet brushes
- Birthday Presents: nail polish, make up, perfume, Axe cologne, watches, jewelry, purses, wallets, earphones, music CDs, DVD movies (G, PG, PG-13), lap desks, drawing pads, art supplies
- New Clothing: coats, hats, scarves, gloves, socks, undergarments, pajamas, slippers
*Due to past difficulties and limited storage, we do not accept used clothes.
Some great ideas would be:
- Make New Resident Welcome Buckets
- Make birthday cards
- Make a birthday cake for a youth
- Make crafts or baked goods for CCYA to sell at Fall Craft Fairs