Take the Pajama Pants Challenge to support CCYA during National Homeless Youth Awareness Month this November!
We invite you to join the 2019—20 Pajama Pants Challenge. Here are the ways you can participate!
- Be a Pajama Pants Challenge Sponsor (See levels and pledge form)
- Help a school to host a Pajama Pants Challenge at their school!
- Host a Pajama Pants Challenge at your office, church, civic group or party! It like Jeans Day but in Pajama Pants!
- Help find a business to do an “Add $1 to your Purchase” campaign to support CCYA
Here is the 2017 Pajama Pants Challenge fundraising breakdown:
$54,125.30 Corporate, Individual & Civic Sponsorship Donations
$17,053.99 School Pajama Pants Challenge Day Donations
$ 3,725.20 Corporate & Civic Pajama Pants Challenge Day Donations
$ 2,357.80 “Add $1 to your purchase for homeless youth during November” Donations
The top SIX Pajama Pants Challenge Day School donations were raised by:
Mount Bethel Christian Academy raised $ 2,190.85
Mount Bethel Elementary School raised $ 2,100,00
Primrose Academy (East Woodstock) raised $1965.00 (PJ Day + Sponsorship)
Murdock Elementary School raised $1699.20 (Hosted 2 PJ Days in Feb & November 2017)
Sope Creek Elementary School raised $ 1,631.00
The Walker School raised $1,085.64
Raising equally impactful donations were the following schools (alphabetical):
Cherokee Charter Academy
Garrison Mill Elementary
Kennesaw Mountain High
Lost Mountain Middle
St Joseph Catholic School
Timber Ridge Elementary
West Cobb Prep Academy
All schools participating in the Pajama Pants Challenge receive a School Challenge Kit with resources and prizes pick from to enhance your Challenge Day! It’s a great opportunity for Youth to give back to Youth!
The total Challenge Day Proceeds raised by the schools ($17,054) is being used to support the following needs for CCYA Youth in 2018:
$ 7,661 Groceries to prepare meals, snacks & beverages 7 days/week (40 youth per meal)
$ 1,400 Haircuts (4 cuts for 35 boys)
$ 1,000 Haircuts (1 cut for 32 girls)
$ 2,000 50 Bed pillows, 35 comforters, 35 sheet sets
$ 1,176 24 bathmats, 24 shower curtains, and 40 towel sets
$ 1,219 Socks and undergarments (50 youth)
$ 1,575 Pajamas, robe, & slippers (35 youth)
$ 645 Shoes purchased to fit new youth at intake (25 pair) & growing youth (18 pair)
$ 378 Birthday celebrations (25 youth) (balloons for bedroom door, gift) (cakes are donated)
- A great option is to invite a CCYA staff out to speak to your student body, grade level, club or PTA just prior to your Challenge Day to help students connect “wearing their pajama pants” to National Homeless Youth Awareness Month and the needs of CCYA youth.
- Although most schools host their Challenge Days during November for National Homeless Youth Awareness Month, some schools wait until December, January or Spring. We encourage your school to participate in a way that works best for you.
- The Pajama Pants Challenge can be a great service project coordinated by students!
- REMEMBER – its PAJAMA PANTS – not full pajamas so students of all ages can appropriately participate!
Contact Angela Thornton at 770-333-9447 x. 135 for more information about the Pajama Pants Challenge!
Help Support National Homeless Youth Awareness Month because EVERY CHILD DESERVES A SAFE PLACE TO SLEEP!