- DESIGNATE a “Challenge Day” during the school year for students to donate $1.00 each to wear their favorite pajama PANTS to school to raise awareness and support for homeless and/or fostered youth in our community.
- CONTACT CCYA with your School Challenge Date to receive your Pajama Pants Challenge Wristbands (optional use).
- ACCESS the CCYA Pajama Pants Challenge Kit for sample morning announcements, educational worksheets, goal setting ideas, and other campaign information by clicking the following link https://ccyakids.org/2019-20-pajama-pants-challenge-school-kit/
- SET classroom, grade level, or even school-wide fundraising goals.
- DISSEMINATE CCYA Challenge Wristbands (optional) prior to your Challenge Day. Have teachers, clubs, or students collect at least $1.00 per wristband and write your school’s Challenge Date on each wristband. Or if not using wristbands, just collect the $1.00 donations on the Challenge Day.
- Students TAKE THE PAJAMA PANTS CHALLENGE by wearing wristbands & pajama PANTS on your school’s Challenge Day.
- DONATE the funds raised by your school to support youth living at CCYA by contacting Angela Thornton, CAO at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-333-9447 x135.
Every $30 raised = 1 day of natural gas for heat in shelter homes, hot water in showers & dishwashers, cafeteria stove, laundry dryer, etc.
Every $50 raised = 1 day of water for cooking, drinking, showers, brushing teeth, washing machine, etc.
Every $75 raised = 200 bowls of breakfast cereal.
Every $125 raised = 1 day of electricity for lighting, air conditioning, fire safety systems, walk in cafeteria refrigerator/freezer, computers for school and homework, etc.